Mission and outcomes
As a Data Engineer you will engage directly with key business partners to understand the operational and solution needs. You will work with the development teams to lead technical design and implementation.
You should be passionate about data, ready to build scalable and efficient solution and collaborate across all departments.
At Sleek, you will also help in selecting the relevant stack of technologies for future data project.
The Data Engineer will:
- Deliver highly available, reliable, innovative data solutions involving data storage, aggregation and visualizations
- Translate complex business requirements into scalable technical solutions meeting best data warehousing design standards.
- Solid understanding of analytics needs and pro-activeness to build generic solutions to improve overall efficiency
- Design and implement scripts, ETL jobs, data models, etc.
- Develop and uphold best practices with respect to change management, documentation and data protocols.
- Identify, test and learn opportunities and make the necessary adjustments to optimise in-flight performance
- Foster a knowledge sharing environment, enabling project teams and client end-users alike to embrace new technologies, data and touch-points
Self-starter, independent, motivated and result-oriented team player
At least a bachelor’s degree in Analytics, Data Science, Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Systems, Computer Engineering, or a related technical field.
At least 2-3 years of experience developing Data warehouse and Business Intelligence solutions.
Sound knowledge of data warehousing concepts, data modelling/architecture and SQL.
Knowledge of programming languages such as Python and R
Experience with Cloud technologies such as Google BigQuery, Azure, AWS
Experience with performance tuning & query optimization of data warehouse systems.
Experience with Big Data frameworks such as Hadoop, Spark, etc. would be nice to have
Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
Team collaboration with excellent communication skills